slideshow

Disaster Strikes!

I was recently commissioned to do a Mysterio custom.
It really didn't go well at all. It was similar to my Dormammu custom but the hot glue wasn't playing for me, and I had to call it quits in the end.

I was pretty disappointed but there's really only so much stress with LEDs, hot glue and battery packs that one guy can take.





















BLEUCH!




















I think if I'm going to be dealing with that stress again I'm going to have to raise my prices. Ha ha.

Mysterio put me off customising for a while but I'm slowly getting back into it with some fairly simple commissions. Although... knowing me, I'll find a way to make it complicated.


I'm currently working on:


Tiger Shark



Tiger Shark is a lesser known villain. He's water based and just kind of a shark-man. A straightforward custom, but some points to watch for are the spines up his legs and arms and also the fin that runs from his head to the base od his spine. He's also fairly tall and muscular.


I opted for Scorpion as a base figure.

This figure has sculpted lines all over his costume so I had to spend a long time filling them in and then sanding them down to make sure that his costume looked sleek. We also decided to drop the lilac colour in favour of black to make him look more threatening. His face was resculpted to lose the 'dopey thug' look and I tried to get a more feral snarl on him.




Hercules




The commissioner wanted Hercules to be much taller than the figure already produced by Hasbro. Finding a base figure with Demi-God proportions meant that I had to look in the oddly proportioned world of anime figures for inspiration.


I settled on T. Hawk from Street Fighther as a base. His upper body is huge and he towers over other 6" figures. His legs will prove challenging as they are much more heavily clothed than Herc's.





















Hulk




The commissioner wanted this guy to be huge. I opted for a 12 inch figure a base. The figure has been used in some other customs but I felt that the faces always let them down a bit (no offense meant to those who made the customs of course). The base figure's face is very stylised and too demonic for the Hulk, in my opinion.



And that's a whooooole lot of green paint.

No comments: